Photobucket
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Parting is such sweet sorrow

Tonight I packed the 3-6 month clothing. This is always so bitter sweet for me.

I cant be the only mom who wants to keep pretty much all her old clothes. Unfortunatly, due to limited storage space (and the fact that with my luck if we decided to have another baby it will be a boy!), hanging on to them is not really an option. I have someone who I hand Kaylees clothes down to but sometimes, when you're packing them away, you come across some outfits that are just so cute or have such fond memories of that you hate to see them go. Packing her preemie and newborn clothes were the worst! I wanted to keep everything. I have decided the only outfits I will keep are the ones that she wears on holidays or special occasions (like coming home from the hospital) this year, sort of a tribute to her first year in fashion. 
Even better are the ones she never even got to wear. You find that cute outfit you forgot about shoved in the back of the drawer and think "oh man! I totally missed out putting her in this one!" Then you throw it in the hand me down box and its hopefully on its way to someone who hopefully will get to cut the tags off and get some use out of it.
Since we are on the topic, I cant began to tell you how many 3-6 moth outfits this child had. It was borderline crazy really. I think it was mostly due to the fact that she got a ton of clothes for Christmas. (It was awesome.)
But as I was washing and putting away the 6-9, I really got to enjoy all the cute stuff she has in this new size, I mean seriously how cute are these? 

Plus I decided there are some necessities missing. Looks like its time to do some shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment