Photobucket
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, December 18, 2009

These are a few of our favorite things..

Lets start with the boppy..

(cue angelic music)
Whoever invented this pillow.. I want to kiss you! No more tired arms from holding Kaylee. Just hold her and rest your arms on the pillow. Another thing is she falls asleep in it all the time. Then I can just carry her to her crib. The best part, the covers come in all different styles (including the adorable cupcake one given to her by her honorary aunt Stephanie.) and come off to throw in the machine. This thing goes with us everywhere!
Next her Aquarium Take-along swing..

this too goes everywhere with us. It is super light and rocks her all by itself. No winding or tapping with your foot to keep it going. Just set to one of the 8 speeds and give it a little push. That's it. Plus the lights and music soothe Kaylee to sleep when she is tired. Oh and did I mention it folds flat? Yes flat. Making it perfect for packing for weekends at the cabin or any where.
Now when I saw these at the store I thought "seriously? Who needs that?" Then all my friends who had one raved about it. I am talking about a Wipe Warmer.

It makes changing her much less traumatic then having her cry when the cold wipe jolts her out of her half asleep state.
Next up,lavender tea.

Kaylee had gas issues at about a month old. I was having to give her mylicon drops numerous times a day and was thinking of switching formulas.
One night, after about 45 minutes of bouncing her, rocking her, rubbing & patting her back & trying mylicon and still having a screaming baby I remembered my Dede saying to use lavender tea. I sent Chris to the store I brewed a jar full and she drank an ounce. About ten minutes later, she was asleep. That was the first time she slept though the night. Not to mention when you brew it your whole house smells like lavender & so does your babies breath after a while. Her pediatrician said just not to give her more than 2 ounces a day & never give her tea that was brewed more than a week ago.
Mylicon drops also make my list as I use them in emergencies.

I just prefer the tea since I know whats in that since I brew it myself. I have noticed that you get twice as much with the Walgreen's brand for the same price and Kaylee actually prefers them. So do I since they have no dye. The pink ones turn everything pink if they spit it out.
Munchkin formula dispensers.

>
We own 2. One for the diaper bag and one for late night feedings. You measure out how much formula you need into the three pockets of the dispenser and then you just open a bottle with the correct amount of water in it and pour and shake. Then you twist the lid to the next compartment. Making night time feeding a breeze since everything is all measured out for you.
Last but not least Sam's Club.

While that may seem way out of left field its really not. Diapers, wipes and formula there are allot cheaper. We were paying the Walmart price of $20 for an 88 pack of Pampers Swaddlers. Sam's club price :$40 for 284. Yes that's right. 284 for what you would pay at walmart for 176 (that's almost like 100 diapers for free.) The only thing is they only carry size 1 and up.
Now on to the formula. We were paying $22.00 for Enfimil Premium Lipil 25.7 oz. My sister in law Laura said that the Members Mark formula is the same thing (go ahead and compare them, They are right next to each other at Sam's) and you get 51.4 oz for under $20. Yes over 3 lbs of formula for $20.
After a trip or two for diapers and formula, your $40 membership has paid for its self! Plus they also have a Gentle formula too!


Oh yeah, and anything and every thing Carters.




No comments:

Post a Comment